If your hands hurt from swinging your golf grip then it is indeed a sign that you need new golf grips. Since grips are the one thing separating you from the club it is important to find the right type of grip to avoid blisters.
If you are someone who has big hands then be sure to check out our list of best golf grips for big hands
The wrong golf grips can not only lead to blisters and sores they can also affect the swing and performance on the golf course. A poor golf grip might just be the reason that you have not been winning recently. In other words, if you intend to become a pro at golfer, you better pay attention to choosing just the right grip for you.
The reason that you need to pay great attention to your golf grips for irons is that the best grips can ensure accuracy and can deliver optimal performance while protecting your hands at the same time.
Most golfers, especially beginners, face one of the most popular problems with the choice of the form of grip for their golf clubs. The debate involving driver grip vs. iron grip raises this kind of uncertainty or challenge.
To be frank, you would certainly have some sort of edge over your rivals if you can pick the best grip for your golf clubs. Failing to pick the correct golf club grip, though, will definitely cause you to lose the game.
Therefore, understanding the differentiation between driver grip and iron grip is important. In reality, for both irons and drivers, many golfers prefer to select the same handle. Again, with their irons and carriers, many golfers use multiple grips.
The issue persists, however, why you can prefer the same grip for both drivers and irons.
Choosing the right grips for your irons
Now that you have decided to choose the grips for your irons it is important that you ensure to take care of certain factors before making your choice. Further, it can be noted how some golfers choose medium-soft or extremely soft grip. These grips function great for chock absorption. Senior golfers have also drifted towards using such grips recently due to their increased popularity. In addition to choosing between hard and soft grips, one must also find a grip that matches their hand size. The most common grip sizes are often standard, under-sized, and oversized. However one may also opt for custom hand grips depending on the extent to which they might need them.
The 6 best grips for irons
Additional factors that come into play when choosing a grip can include design as well as traction. Multiple options are available for each. There are people who prefer textured grips with cords as they are optimal for wetter conditions. Some on the other hand prefer rubber grips due to their smoother touch. With all these factors in mind, we have compiled the following list of the best grips for irons so you can choose exactly what suits you best.
1. Winn DriTac Golf Grips
- Maximum stability through the padded grip that allows shock absorbance
- Weather-resistant, fit for damp weather conditions
- Optimal comfort through the soft and padded grip
In addition, these grips also have a stylish look which is achieved by the X-marks, the various textures, and shapes in just the right places. A unique polymer material is used by the gold grip which ensures effortless friction in wet conditions for golfers.
The classic design and the shock absorbance are one of the stand-out features of the grips.
- Maximum stability through the padded grip that allows shock absorbance
- A silicone substance which provides golfers with effortless friction
- Not the most cost effective option but offers the bang for the buck
2. Golf Pride Tour Wrap 2G Grips
- Shock absorbent optimal for stable grip
- Balanced alignment with tackiness for slip prevention
- Prioritizes strength and stability
A great grip for any golfer, the Golf Pride Tour Wrap 2G grips provide leather’s luxury and classy feel with high-tack rubber’s durability as well as performance. This allows the players to get the dual benefit for both the leather as well as the rubber.
With the Golf Pride grips, you get a high-tack material that ensures precise control for golfers. Additionally, this is highly useful, particularly in drier climates. There are several golfers who prefer a high-tack grip s it allows them to looser their hands and swing without losing the grip of the club in the first place.
In addition to the above, the simple yet elegant design of the grip allows for a classy look to your club and allows the club to look good in your hands. Although the Golf ride can be categorized as a soft grip it is actually firmer than most grips that are available in the market today. So, you won't find a lot of golfers having trouble swinging their irons with Golf Pride Grips. The color choices available also range from white to black and even blue.
- The grip is developed from a composite rubber with a brushed cotton cord that rests against the finger pads.
- When swinging, the chord offers a contrast that avoids slippage and slipping.
- Pebbled surface grips might not be a preference for everyone
3. Golf Pride MCC Plus4 Golf Grip
- Weatherproof technology allows tackiness even in damp conditions.
- High-quality textures optimize performance
- Comfort through a softness for the bottom hand and durability for the upper hand.
This is one of the most popular grips on the list. In addition to being one of the most stylish grips on the list, they also provide the golfers the grip they seek. This grip stands out as it offers four additional wraps which allow to minimize tapper and also reduce the pressure on the grips as well. Golfers can get a more smooth and powerful swing with this grip. The unique material of this particular golf grip is something that makes it perfectly ideal for driving. Additionally, these grips are also available in a wide range of colors which can help your bag stand out. The colors chocs available include gray, red, orange, and blue.
In addition to all of the above, a reliable tack and comfortable handle can also ensure that the grips’ soft rubber allows optimal comfort for the hand as well. Furthermore, a standout feature of this grip is also the ability of the grip to withstand harsh climate conditions. The Golf Pride MCC grip can help reduce tension, increase power and improve the swing of your club as well. Also, this club may seem to have a larger grip on the bottom than they do at the top which may be unusual at first glance but it will ensure a lighter grip of the club which will indeed be ideal for the golfers nonetheless.
- The Golf Pride MCC Plus4 is also preferred as the substance of the grip consists of a rubber that has cotton laced on the top to improve tackiness and stability.
- Optimal Comfort through a softness for the bottom hand
- If the MCC Plus4 has a disclaimer, it will be that it is customized for the experienced golfer who knows how pressure can influence a grip’s feeling and results.
4. Lamkin Crossline Grip
- Core diameters of .580 and .600 are available in the normal size.
- Round - Mounted size: Oversize or normal
- The patented M2 rubber compound adds a tack and lowers stress.
This is a grip on the list that is last but not the least. Featuring a unique design that is supposed to resemble hashtags these grips are designed for excellent grip and stability as well as lateral traction through its dense space as well as unique patterns. What exactly is the benefit of this you may ask? The aim of this is that it can allow the Golfers to swing without any issue even in harsh climatic conditions or when their hands are sweaty.
The Lamkin Cross Grip is designed to ensure that a great swing performance is in place every time. It provides this swing using a highly durable synthetic rubber making this grip long-lasting. Finally, the firm materials of this grip restrict torsion which allows greater consistency and control in the gripping of the club. Overall, this grip is a great choice for your irons.
- Made up of a sturdier material designed to optimize control and limit tension
- Patented rubber technology for consistent performance
- Sturdier material not optimal for those who prefer a softer cushioning
5. Karma Standard Velvet Golf Grips
- With a popular and established grip design, the Karma black velvet grips display a traditional all-black color scheme.
- The fresh compound of tougher rubber.
- The kit features 13 RF07 grips.
In the search for the best golf grip, this might just be what you are looking for, as this is one of the best golf grips that are also at the same time insanely effective. Are you a golfer who is confused about choosing the grip that leads you to your victory, If so, then this might just be the grip that you need, With over 100 reviews of satisfied customers the traditional black color scheme is just perfect if you are someone that is a fan of the color black? It is in-expensive and offers variations in almost every size out there so you can find the size that fits you just fine.
For optimal friction, each of these grips offers a soft grip base that has an intricate design pattern. This is a cost-effective and valuable alternative that might just be what you need if you are operating in a constricted budget.
- Budget friendly and cost effective
- Perfect for beginners that can withstand weather conditions
- These grips won’t last forever, these Karma Velvet ones are an excellent budget-friendly pick.
6. SuperStroke Soft Wrap TC Golf Grips
- Wide, wrap-style channels are geometrically engineered to support golfers mitigate grip pressure so that they can more easily pass speed at effect.
- A minimal taper tour-inspired profile that encourages golfers to swing harder and square the clubface even with their hand pressure.
- Taper Control Technology is developed to provide a wider lower hand profile that decreases taper to relieve grip strength.
With extra control the control tac grip of Superstoke grips allows you to achieve optimal control. With the patented rubber compound, the Soft Wrap TC is a wrap-style grip that offers a tacky feel in almost all-weather conditions.
- Geo-Speed Channels are constructed geometrically to minimize grip strain
- Improved energy transmission and increased impact speed.
- Lighter grip pressure improves the momentum of the clubhead for a longer reach and allows a square face to improve swing performance.
- Not the most cost-effective solution but worth every penny
Today golfers have several choices when it comes to choosing the golf grips for their irons. This can at times make it difficult to choose just the right grip for your irons. This list, therefore, is designed in an optimal way to ensure that you have the pros and cons and all the unique features of the latest golf grips in the market to ensure that the choice that you make for your irons is the golf grips that lead you to win every single game.